Monday, April 14, 2008

At the Car Wash

Tomorrow my roommate and I have a meeting with a certain so-and-so who happens to be my friend's boyfriend's father. This individual runs two carwashes and tells me the competition is "huge." He's putting up some T.V. ads next month, and he offered me peanuts to write a jingle for him. Of course, food is food to a starving man, even if he doesn't care for peanuts. But I figured I'd one-up him. Working with my friend Tim, I assured him we could produce the entire ad ourselves, saving him money and guaranteeing his business a better ad than the faceless corporate blob will belch out. That way we can also allocate the budget ourselves, ensuring me my fair share.

Now let's hope I can convert on my swagger. Last time I met with him he treated me to a free "Express Wash"; tomorrow, I want him to give me the green light. With a hot SoCal summer coming on, this car wash could stand to benefit.

No comments: